Sunday, April 26, 2009

Recycle Those Plastic Grocery Bags!

The other day I went to the grocery store and forgot to take my "green bags" as we affectionately call them. You know the ones I'm referring to, the reusable totes most retailers offer for about $1. Well, I get home from the grocery store and have about 15 of those plastic bags. Last year I purchased a holder of said bags from a lady at the flea market. I hung the holder on a hook on my laundry room door. Currently it's stuffed with old grocery bags. So back to the 15 bags from the grocery store...I was trying to think of a way to recycle them into a tote. Like a "green bag" tote. I asked Kevin about it and he said there was probably something out there on the internet.

Well, lo and behold I found one today...I am so excited I can hardly type fast enough! Check out the link HERE. She has great patterns and so easy if you know how to crochet. And if you don't know how to crochet, what better way to start than by reusing old grocery bags to make totes for your groceries...I think this is genius!!! Once I get one done, I'll post it for you. I suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome and was told by my doctor to give up crocheting. It might take me longer to get it done but I think it will be completely worth it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails