Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wal-Mart Coupon Policy

Have you been to Wal-Mart and they give you a hard time about coupons? I have, and frankly, it's very frustrating. In fact, while we were in Savannah a few weekends ago, we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few dinner items. Everyone had agreed on Tex-Mex so I dug through my coupons to see what kind of deals I could swing. Well, I had the Free Tostitos when you purchase 2 jars of Tostito brand salsa and 2 Ortega coupons for $.75/2 Ortega products. When we got up to the checkout, the coupons wouldn't ring up. The cashier even called over the manager and she couldn't either. I told her they were valid, they have the manufacturer's address for remit to, the expiration date, and I even bought the correct items and quantity. But she refused to override the computer stating Wal-Mart wouldn't get reimbursed if they she overrode the system. It must be a glitch and kindly gave me my coupons back. Totally frustrated, I explained, I knew the policy Wal-Mart has online and they really need to review it.

And of course, while at Wal-Mart yesterday, I picked up the Land O'Lakes Butter for $2.00 and I had 2 IPQs for $.55 and Beech-Nut Baby snacks $.75 off. And the cashier told me their store doesn't accept IPQs (internet printable coupons). I asked for my coupons back and went to the customer service desk and explained their policy to them and the customer service manager told me their store manager doesn't accept IPQs. I asked her if this was a franchised Wal-Mart and she said no. So I again explained their policy and she then gave me my money back. I have to admit I was very nice and didn't go crazy psycho mommy on them :) But it is totally frustrating especially when you have an almost 3 year old and 10 month old ready for lunch. This is why I don't shop there as much as I used to. GO PUBLIX!!! For always being nice and willing to work with me and you and everyone else that shops there!

In case you want to print out Wal-Mart policy for yourself, which I intend to do and carry with me, just in case. HERE it is.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails