Here's how to make them:Brittany Butter Cookies
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 7/8 cup sugar
- 7/8 cup salted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Mix 1 tablespoon of the egg yolks with the milk to make a glaze and set aside.
- In a food processor, add flour and sugar and pulse lightly to combine. Add butter and pulse until it looks crumbly, pulsing 6-8 times. Add yolks and pulse to combine, will be very crumbly.
- Pour dough onto lightly floured surface and form into a disk. Dust rolling pin and top of dough with flour. Continue to dust top of dough with flour to keep it from sticking to rolling pin and roll dough out to about 1/4" thickness. Cut out rounds using a cookie cutter. Transfer them to prepared baking sheet. Brush each round with a little egg and milk glaze. With a knife, score lines to create a lattice pattern on each cookie round.
- Bake cookies for about 12-15 minutes until very lightly golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then carefully remove cookies and let completely cool on rack. Store in an airtight container.