Sunday, May 31, 2009

Publix Shopping Trip 5/31/09

This week at Publix I decided to stock up on snacks for the kids. Haylei loves yogurt in tubes and since they have the Go-Gurts B1G1F, and I had 5 coupons for it...we ended up with 10 boxes! I froze some for her to have her "ice cream Popsicle", which she loves! And we took a couple of boxes over to my mom's house for Haylei when she spends the night. The rice was the best deal this week...$.25-.42 per box...I had 2 coupons for $1/2 and 2 coupons for $1/3 and one coupon for $.75/1...and yes that means I bought 11 boxes of rice. This is a staple in our house. I use it in my Chicken and Rice Soup, Chicken and Rice Casserole, Spanish Rice and Beans...and since my hubby is a meat and potato kind of guy, so we have rice or potatoes nearly every night.
My total groceries for $156.00, I saved $92 and was out of pocket $65. (I don't have the receipt right in front of me so I'm going on my memory :) I guessing that's about 60% saved.

I also purchased the Beneful dog food for my mom's dog Daisy. I got 4 and they were FREE after the coupons.

I find buying the Romaine lettuce head vs. the Romaine lettuce in a bag is cheaper and we actually get more salad out of the head than the bag. So I bought one of those and some tomatoes and black olives for salads this week.

I hope you have a great shopping week at Publix. The mystery penny item this week is the Publix brand cheese & shells, equivalent to the Kraft Deluxe. Remember if you didn't pick up on the $.01 item today, you can still get it tomorrow.

And Haylei had to be in this picture too! She has become a "camera hog"!

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails