Tuesday, May 12, 2009

RECIPE: Chicken Salad

I love chicken salad and have had it many ways: with sliced grapes and pecans, with celery and mayonnaise, with grated apples and pecans and even with yogurt and pecans...but nothing compares to my recipe for the best chicken salad! My brother says I have our granny's ego about my food. You'll just have to try it and let me know if you like it as much as we do!

Chicken Salad
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
  • 2 tablespoons honey mustard
  • 1/2 cup - 1 cup mayonnaise (depends on how creamy you want your salad)
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
  • 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Combine everything in large mixing bowl and serve on toasted bread with lettuce if desired.

Now, while I'd love to lay claim that this is my original take on chicken salad. I cannot. I actually got this recipe from Pampered Chef. I tweaked their recipe for their Turkey Wreath. I thought it would be delicious with chicken and even better cold for as salad, voila! My chicken salad was born. So you tweak this to make your own special chicken salad and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails