Sunday, May 17, 2009

RECIPE: Tuna Salad - On the Lighter Side!

I love tuna fish salad sandwiches but I tend to be pretty picky about what exactly goes into the mix. To make a lighter version of my original tuna fish salad, I came up with a few tweaks:



Tuna Salad - Lighter Version
  • 2 pouches Chunk Light Tuna 2.6 oz (80 cal each, total 160 calories)
  • 1 pouch Albacore Tuna 6.4 oz (210 calories)
  • 1/2 cup finely diced celery (6 calories)
  • 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise (100 calories)
  • 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt (30 calories)
  • 1 tsp dill weed
  • 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • Flour tortilla wraps (I only have the large ones today and they're 210 calories each)
  1. Mix tuna and celery in mixing bowl.
  2. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, dill weed, lemon pepper seasoning and black pepper. Pour over the tuna and celery and stir to combine.
  3. Spread about 1/2 cup mixture down the middle of a flour tortilla and then roll up.
This made about 2 cups of tuna salad. I figured on 1/2 cup servings so it is about 128 calories per serving. If you have a low calorie tortilla, you could probably eat two of these and be happy as a lark. I served this with baked Lay's chips for lunch and everyone liked it - - Kevin included!

Have you lightened up any of your favorite dishes? If so, I'd love to know how!

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails