Tuesday, August 11, 2009

CVS Shopping Trip 8/11/09

I was very frustrated with my local CVS store. I went in everyday last week to pick up the Electrasol deal but they never had a 5th box. So I ended up buying 4 and getting a raincheck for the 5th one. So this week I didn't have any ECBs to use toward my first purchase because, you guessed it, my CVS did not have any Electrasol again. So I went ahead and spent out of pocket more than I wanted but at least I got most of it back in ECBs and then I went to another CVS store to see if they had one box of Electrasol and they did. Thank goodness! But then they wanted to give me a hard time about my $10 ECB. They finally printed it for me. If you have to resort to a raincheck and have done a partial purchase towards the deal, make sure you keep your receipt showing you made the purchase and also have the cashier make a note on the raincheck that you only need "_____" to fulfill the quantity and/or dollar amount needed for the ECB.

In the end this is what I got:

1st transaction:
2 pkg Huggies diapers $9.00 each
1 Revlon Mineral foundation $9.99 each
1 Bic Soleil razor $6.99 each

used $5 off $25 purchase
$1/1 coupon for Revlon

$1.50/1 coupon for Huggies x 2
$3/1 coupon for Bic razor

Left me OOP $21.98 ($24.00 with tax), I saved $21.98 and received $3 ECB, $9.99 ECB, $4 ECB.

2nd transaction:
1 box Electrasol $4.50

used $2.50/1 coupon (she said she would accept it even though it expired Sunday)

Left me OOP $2.00 ($2.32 with tax), I saved $3.89 and received $10 ECB.

So my grand total was OOP $23.98, saved $25.87 and received $26.99 ECB for next week.

I have the CVS deals for next week ready and will post it Saturday morning so everyone can get prepared for the big back to school savings they are offering again.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails