Monday, August 24, 2009

RECIPE: Easy Pie Crust


I love the new winner of the Next FoodNetwork Star, Melissa D'Arabian. So far I've tried 2 recipes of hers and they were both delicious! Tomorrow night I'm going to try her Bacon and Potato Torte. But tonight we had Chicken Pot Pie and I used her crust recipe for the Torte and it was DELICIOUS! I am usually the one who would prefer to eat the middle of everything because I don't like the crust or edge pieces of anything. But tonight that all changed! I love love love her buttery flavored crust. You must try it:


Pie Crust
  • 1 cup butter (2 sticks), cubed and chilled
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 8 to 10 tablespoons ice water
Put the butter, flour and salt in the food processor; and pulse lightly just until the mixture resembles wet sand. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing briefly after each spoonful of water. Keep adding water until the dough just begins to gather into larger clumps. Transfer equal amounts of the dough into 2 resealable plastic bags and pat each into a disk. Let rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Remove 1 of the disks from the bag to a flour coated surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a 10-inch round. Gently fit the rolled dough into a 9-inch pie pan, and refrigerate while you prepare the torte ingredients.
Yield: 2 (9-inch) pie crusts
(Courtesy of Foodnetwork)
When I made this recipe tonight, I halved it to make 1 rectangular shaped crust. It was absolutely divine! I can't wait to have it again tomorrow night with the Bacon and Potato Torte!

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails