Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Baking Day Part 2 - and what a day!

So the second of Baking Day didn't go as planned. I had such high hopes, but you know what the scripture says at Proverbs 19:21 about man's plans.

My son developed a really high fever last night (102.8) and was completely not himself. He didn't eat supper and after I gave him some Motrin and he was asleep within 15 minutes. So this morning after checking his temperature (it was down to 99.8) I called the doctor and she recommended a visit. So off to the doctor we went. Thankfully, it's not the flu or an ear infection (which surprised me and the doc). She thinks it was a virus probably running 24-48 hours.

So after the doctor's appointment we went by Walmart to check the prices on the Campbell Soupturkeys and then to Target to pick up on the cereal deal. I wanted to get to Food Lion but the my kids and I were pooped.

When we got home I put a movie on for Haylei for "quiet time" and I tried to put Hunter down for a nap. I tried to get the waffles done and make more Chewy Granola Bars, only I did chocolate chip this time.

After an unsuccessful attempt at naptime for my 16 month old, I opted for the pack-n-play in the kitchen and letting him "help".

and I mixed up two boxes of the Krusteaz waffle mixes I picked up at Publix the other week. It made a total of 18 waffles and unfortunately I had a little bit of a mishap:

I guess there's a first time for everything.

Maybe I'll have a better go at it next month.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails