Saturday, November 21, 2009

RECIPE: Easy Corn Pudding Casserole

This recipe is so easy, it's pretty much just dump, stir and bake! That's my favorite kind of recipe! I have made this in the crock pot* before and it was perfect. Today we are heading over to some friends for dinner and I didn't want to take up much needed room on the table with the high sided crock pot, so I've opted to bake it in the oven.

Here's how I did it:

Easy Corn Pudding Casserole
1 box Jiffy style cornmeal mix $.50
1 can cream style corn $.45
1 can whole kernel corn (I have frozen corn) FREE

1 stick melted butter FREE
2 eggs, slightly beaten $.16
8 oz sour cream $.49

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. In large mixing bowl, pour Jiffy mix, cream style corn, whole kernel corn, (I have frozen corn so I filled the cream corn can nearly full with frozen corn and topped it off with water.)

melted butter, eggs (I cracked the eggs into the used cream corn can and beat them in there.)
and last by definitely not least, the sour cream. Mix it all together and pour into the prepared casserole dish (or crock pot).

And bake for one (1) hour. And this only cost $1.60 total to make it! It smells like a million bucks!

Enjoy!

*When you bake it in the crock pot, you'll cook it on low 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours with a crispy ring around the edges. Check the internal temperature to make sure it's 160 degrees (egg dishes).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails