Friday, January 29, 2010

OAMC: Progress Report and Recipes 1/29/10

This morning I woke up feeling so much better than yesterday.  I accomplished a lot of cooking and freezing yesterday but still had a couple of things I wanted to finish up.  I wanted to mix up some cookie dough and freeze them into individual scoops to be stored in the freezer.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.  Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture and combine really well.  Scoop them onto a foil or wax paper lined cookie sheet and place into the freezer until hard.  Remove the frozen cookie dough balls from the foil or wax paper and store them in a gallon freezer food storage bag.

Bake them at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.  Remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.  The lighter in color, the chewier the cookie will be.

This is my first attempt at freezing the cookie dough.  I'm sure I'll be back to adjust the cooking time so if you try these or have already done this before, please share how you baked them.  Did you bake them frozen?  Did you thaw them out and then bake them?  Thanks in advance!

*** Update - So Haylei was dying to eat a cookie so we took some out and baked them straight out of the freezer at 350 degrees F and it took about 18 minutes.  But keep an eye on your cookies.  You don't want them over-baked.  

I also made up 4 batches of pizza dough.  I thought I'd do my first video blog for you:




Please be kind with your comments.  But I'd love to hear from you!

Hope your OAMC day was successful and your freezer is full of meals for next month!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Miriam said...

I've frozen coookie dough balls, but it's been a while... I think I did let them thaw at least some before I bake them. I don't remember the baking time - it wasn't too different, I don't think.

ter@waaoms said...

I have frozen cookie dough before but I have always just thrown it in without rolling into balls, so I've had to wait for it to thaw. I think this time I will try it in the balls instead (but I will probably end up eating frozen cookie dough because it's so so good! LOL). Hopefully my laziness won't get the better of me and I'll roll them up before freezing. And of course, I'll have to bake a few to eat straight away! :) (I'm hoping to do my OAMC tomorrow, mostly baking because I still have tons leftover from December, which is hard to believe because I've been mostly eating freezer meals since!)

Susie said...

I marvel at the OAMC! I would love to be able to plan a whole month's worth of meals but alas, I have come to grips with the fact that I am not a freezer cooker:-(

I have bake frozen cookie dough balls before but they came out flat because of all the water. Did you find this to be true?

Candi said...

Hi Susie! - No the cookies did not come out flat. They actually baked just like normal only it took them a bit longer. This is only my 3rd month at OAMC and I love it! It really keeps my pantry stockpile rotated and used up.

L said...

Thanks so much for showing how to make my Pizza Bight even better. My kids looked frward to it more than delivery now and Im saving money and Im he "Cool" mom. Smooches!! You just keep getting better. BTW... I made dinner for a whole week. Its not a month, but it a whole new world for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails