Monday, January 11, 2010

Shopping Trip 1/11/10: Publix and Kroger

We're still working on our goal of $30 a week for groceries this week.

Here's how I did today:


Publix (shopped 1/10/10) 
(2) Juicy Juice $1.33 each
(2) Healthy Harvest Ronzoni Pasta FREE (used 2 blinkies I found for $.50/1)
(4) Kellogg's Special K Cereal Bars $.60 each
(1) Lysol Neutrair $.30
(1) Banquet Sausage $.25
(1) Egg Beaters $.70
(2) Peter Pan Peanut Butter $.75 each
(2) Hunt's Ketchup $.68 each (used $.20/1 coupon found in package of previously purchased Banquet sausages)
= $8.89 OOP, saved $31.40 (78%)



Kroger (shopped 1/11/10)
(1) Gallon Milk $1.99
(4) Blocks of cheese $1.50 each
(4) Butterball Deli Turkey $2.24 each (used $.75/1 coupon 1/10 paper)
(1) Kroger English Muffins $1.00
(1) Kroger Dozen Eggs $1.19
(4) Steamfresh FREE (used $.50/1 coupon 1/10 paper)
(2) Pillsbury Crescent rolls $.55 each
(1) Extra Gum $1.00
I looked all over the Smartsource insert for the Gatorade coupon only to learn later when I got home from Kroger that the coupon was in the RedPlum insert!!!  I might try to get some later this week before the sale ends.  It will be good for my husband's lunches.  FREE Gatorade, you gotta love that!
= $21.24 OOP saved $22.00 (51%)

This week I spent $30.13 for groceries and saved $53.40.  I went over budget by $.13 but I did have a little leftover from last week so that helped me out.  I might have to steal some cash from next week so I can pick up some bread for my husband's lunches and I didn't have any cash for fruit.  Although we still have some apples and oranges and 1 banana leftover from last week.  I'll see if I can't stretch it for this week. 

Enjoy!


This post has been linked to:

5 comments:

Miriam said...

Great job!!! Fresh fruit is the HARDEST thing to squeeze into a tiny grocery budget!! Well, that and meat... but meat comes first for us. I hope to be able to get a little more fruit this year since we've upped our budget $5. I need to make sure and get those Gatorades, too.

Anonymous said...

Hey if you want to go back and get more juicy juice, you can get it for .25 a bottle, by using 2 $1/1 Target coupons (print at Target) and by using the Manufacturer $1/2 printable on Target site. Also, Publix has a $1 off 2 lbs. or more ground beef in the yellow advantage flyer this week.

Candi said...

Hi Anonymous - I already used my limit on the Target Juicy Juice coupons over the last few weeks when Publix had the 64 oz bottles on sale and then the juice boxes on sale. :( Wish they didn't put the limit on there but I see the wisdom in it.

Abigail's_Mommy said...

You can make the bread. It only cost .61 each. Plus if you have the stuff you don't have to go over budget.

Megan said...

Awesome job! 78% savings is huge. Thanks for posting on my linky.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails