Friday, January 22, 2010

Shopping Trip 1/21/10: Kroger & CVS

I really wanted to go to Kroger and Publix but ran out of money at Kroger!  Oh well, thankfully Publix runs their sales through Wednesday and I can go next Monday.  I guess I just won't pick up on the Penny Item each week.  Kind of bummed about that...


Kroger
(5) Birds Eye Frozen veggies $.30 each (used $.35 coupon from an Oregon newspaper)
(4) Carl Buddig lunch meat $1.50 each (used $1.00 coupon from paper)
(6) Maruchan Yakisoba FREE (used $1.00 coupon from paper)
(3) Half Gallon Organic Milk reduced from $2.99 to $1.49 each
(5) Oikos Greek Yogurt FREE (used $1.00 coupon from paper)
(2) Tennessee Pride Sausage $1.99 each (no coupons but BOGO)
(5) Hall's Cough Drops FREE (used $.50 coupon from paper)
10 lb bag Leg Quarters $4.90 per bag
Whole Chicken ($.68/lb) $3.59 each
(2) Organic Heavy Whipping Cream $2.29 reduced to $1.00 each
= $27.83 OOP, saved $56.61 (67%)

Since the leg quarters are fresh, I'm going to sort through them and try the chicken dump recipes I found on Soopermom's Chicken Dump Recipes. Normally I'd do this on my OAMC day but since these are fresh, they probably won't make it in the fridge until next week before a strange smell comes from the bag!  I'll let you know which recipes I try from her list.

We've also never had the Yakisoba noodles before but remember when I told you about not turning my nose up to FREE stuff?  Well, I figured we'd try them.

CVS
(6) 12pk 7UP $20.00
(1) Sweetheart box $.50
(1) Holiday ribbon clearance $.30
= $20.80
- $18 ECB
- $2.50 ECB
= $.30 OOP plus tax and received $10 ECB for next week

Hope you have a great weekend!

This post has been linked to:

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks like another great week. I'm with you, I never turn my nose up to something free. If it's free, it's worth a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails