Friday, February 12, 2010

"Snowflakes On My Nose and Eyelashes"

The Sound of Music is one of my all time favorite musicals.  And the song, My Favorite Things, kept going through my mind..."snowflakes on my nose and eyelashes"...

We've just experienced our second snow in Georgia this winter.  It started falling around 1:00 this afternoon and in just 4 hours we have about 3 inches of snow.  That's alot for us! 

I always laugh about the people who barrage the store in a quest to get the last loaf of bread, package of toilet paper or gallon of milk.  I suppose you really can live off bread and milk, and, well, the toilet paper will eventually come in handy!

After Hunter got up from this nap, I bundled the kids in double layers, winter coats, hats and gloves and we traipsed about in the snow for about half an hour.

Then they were ready to come in the house for some hot chocolate and marshmallows.  

Well, it was actually marshmallows and a few sips of hot chocolate!

This post has been linked to:

4 comments:

NKP said...

We have had hardly any snow so far in Toronto.
Your little guys are so cute!

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

How fun, Love the pictures just beautiful and your bundled kiddos are too cute. We had a chance for snow here in Houston today, but we didn't get any aww shucks!

Twyla ~ said...

Awwe The sound of Music was one of my favorites Also! :) Love your Blog!

Amy @ Finer Things said...

That is a LOT of snow in 4 hours! The Sound of Music is my fave, too. Need to introduce it to my daughter. She'd love it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails