Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Love Cookbooks!

Can you believe the month of March is gone?  Where did it go?  Sometimes I feel like life passes me by while I'm standing still...

You know how much I love monthly meal planning and doing once-a-month-cooking.  Usually I would have already started working on our meal plan, but honestly, I didn't realize the month was almost gone until today!  

If you've been keeping track of my shopping trips over the last month, you'll know this is what what have to work with:
  • hamburger meat
  • chicken breasts
  • pork roast
  • country-style pork ribs
  • shrimp scampi (packaged)
  • frozen veggies
I also have some of the following from previous months that we still haven't used and would like to get them eaten before long:
  • Chicken Kiev (from the box)
  • Pork Loin (from the box)
  • Beef Tips (from the box)
  • BBQ Pork (from the box)
  • BBQ Chicken (from the box)
 From the pantry we've been stockpiling:
  • pasta
  • rice
  • spaghetti sauce
  • canned veggies
  • dried beans
  • tortillas
  • salad dressings
  • tuna fish
  • canned tomatoes
This is what I'll be planning our meals around.  

So it's time for me to surround myself with all of my favorite cookbooks. 

I LOVE Cookbooks!  I have tons of them.  Some are newer, some are older, some have been given to me by friends and family, and there are some I don't know where they came from!  But they make me happy.  It's something about taking raw ingredients, like listed above, and putting them together to create a beautiful and tasty meal.  It makes me feel good to see my family enjoying what I've made for them.  I know it sounds crazy, but while some find it a chore to cook for their family, I find it fulfilling to cook for mine.
Stay tuned for the monthly meal plan...

This has been linked to:

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I love my "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook. I have a bunch of pureed veggies in my freezer now that I should probably try to use up soon. I'd love to know how you use things like purees in your recipes - a future post perhaps? hint, hint. :-)

Susie said...

Me too:-)

Beth said...

I have a SERIOUS cookbook addiction! Glad to see I'm not alone : )One of my new years resolutions was not to buy any more...it was that bad.

Sharon said...

I know exactly what you mean Candi! I would have 100 cookbooks if my budget would allow! But I wouldn't trade any of them for the "Cooks Illustrated" magazine. I have fallen in love with the art of cooking because of it! (although it is kinda $$, I think it's worth every penny!)

Thanks for sharing your JOY this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails