Friday, April 9, 2010

Rain + Spring = Mud, Pollen & Flowers

Friday Follow

Welcome Friday Followers!

They say (and I always wonder who "they" is...) you can't have the good without the bad.  This totally applies to Springtime in Georgia.  I've lived in Georgia for 25 years and don't really remember Springtime in other states, so correct me if I'm wrong, but we have the worst pollen counts EVER!  Just yesterday it was over 5000! 

While we have beautiful Springs, the Dogwood trees are blooming...

as are the Azaleas...

and the seeds are sprouting in the "lettuce garden"... (come link up your garden plans)

But along with the Springtime comes rain and mud puddles...
so the kids donned their play clothes and old shoes and splashed to their hearts content...

And when the rain comes we get to see just how much pollen we've been breathing in...



This has been linked to:

Enjoy!

10 comments:

Michelle@ A Full Cottage said...

I love spring and all the trees budding but can definetly do without the pollen!!

:) Michelle

MommyTopics.com said...

Love this post! I found your through Tidy Mom. I'm doing a link up all April for posts about Spring, here:

http://www.mommytopics.com/confessions/spring-is-in-full-bloom-in-southern-california

Come link up!
Blessings!

Rachymommy - MommyTopics.com

Susie said...

Looks like great dirty fun:-) Happy Friday Follow!!

The Household 6 Diva said...

Oh those mud puddle pictures are awesome!! I need to break out the rain boots and take my boys for a walk - thanks for the inspiration!

Stopping by from Finer Things Friday.

Mommarock said...

I'm so thankful that I don't have allergies, because here in TX, my car is a yellowish green color every day. YECH!

TidyMom said...

The mud puddles look like so much fun!!......you should see how yellow my white Jeep is from all the pollen here! yikes!! - it's the only downside to spring.

Thanks for linking up to I'm Lovin' It! Have a GREAT weekend!

Erin said...

Hi. Found you from FF. All that pollen in the pics is making my eyes water just thinking about it. I hope you'll come follow our chaos soon at http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com/ultimate-blog-party-2010/
Have a great weekend

Kare said...

I love the pics of the kids stomping in the mud puddles. Brings back memories... sometimes the simplest pleasures are the best!

Happy Spring. :)

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb from Fri. Follow. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well.
Also I'm having a Link Party

Anonymous said...

Pollen is bad everywhere. Hubby is in misery. Lovely photos. Thanks for participating in Friday Follow. Rita @ One 2 Try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails