This week I shopped at Food Lion for the hot dog deal and chicken deal. I also stumbled upon some frozen fruit at Dollar Tree.
Hot Dogs $1.00 X 8
Whole Chickens $.47/lb x 2
Nesquick Strawberry milk $.50 x 4
2 bunches of bananas $.39/lb
Deli Turkey $4.17
= $42.00 + tax = ? I didn't realize the hot dogs had a limit of 2. So I took them back to the customer service desk and we did 3 more transactions so I could buy 1 get 1 free. It was crazy but the lady was super nice about the whole ordeal.
2 bags 16 oz peaches $1.00 each
2 bags 10 oz blueberries $1.00 each
= $4.00 + tax (I bought other things so I don't know what the Food only OOP was)
I was under budget for the week but OAMC is coming up and I need a few things that I haven't been able to get on sale. I also didn't do alot of "deal shopping" the last two months, so my stockpile is getting a little thin. I do mean a little thin, because we have plenty of food to get us through at least another 3 months at least. I'll probably make an Aldi run to pick up the necessary things for OAMC.
I was pleasantly surprised to find the frozen fruit at Dollar Tree. I learned from my Facebook friends that each Dollar Tree is different and YMMV since every Dollar Tree may or may not have a freezer case.
Have a great week!
This post has been linked to:
- Publix Supersavers at Fiddledeedeemom (Mondays)
- Grocery Cart Challenge (Tuesdays)
- Shopping with the $5 Dinner Mom
- Wednesday Weekly Shopping at Frugal Follies (Wednesdays)
- Coupon Super Savers at Coupon Saving Game (Fridays)
- Friday Finals at Southern Savers (Fridays)
- Weekly Totals at I Heart Publix (Saturdays)
- Shopping Superstars at The Thrifty Mama (Saturdays)
- The Cha-Ching Challenge at Cha-Ching on a Shoestring (Saturdays)