Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shopping Trip: Food Lion, Dollar Tree 5/24/10

This week I shopped at Food Lion for the hot dog deal and chicken deal.  I also stumbled upon some frozen fruit at Dollar Tree.
Food Lion
Hot Dogs $1.00 X 8
Whole Chickens $.47/lb x 2
Nesquick Strawberry milk $.50 x 4
2 bunches of bananas $.39/lb
Grapes $.99/lb
Tomatoes $.99/lb
Eggs $.95
Lettuce $1.29
Deli Turkey $4.17
Beer $6.49
Pepperoni $1.85
Garlic $.79
= $42.00 + tax = ?  I didn't realize the hot dogs had a limit of 2.  So I took them back to the customer service desk and we did 3 more transactions so I could buy 1 get 1 free.  It was crazy but the lady was super nice about the whole ordeal. 

Dollar Tree
2 bags 16 oz peaches $1.00 each
2 bags 10 oz blueberries $1.00 each
= $4.00 + tax (I bought other things so I don't know what the Food only OOP was)

I was under budget for the week but OAMC is coming up and I need a few things that I haven't been able to get on sale.  I also didn't do alot of "deal shopping" the last two months, so my stockpile is getting a little thin.  I do mean a little thin, because we have plenty of food to get us through at least another 3 months at least.  I'll probably make an Aldi run to pick up the necessary things for OAMC. 

I was pleasantly surprised to find the frozen fruit at Dollar Tree.  I  learned from my Facebook friends that each Dollar Tree is different and YMMV since every Dollar Tree may or may not have a freezer case. 

Have a great week!

This post has been linked to:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails