Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Garden Vegetables



This week for Top Ten Tuesday over at Oh Amanda!, I thought I'd share how our garden is growing...

These are the vegetables we've planted and believe it or not, they are actually growing!

1.  Green Beans - Yellow Wax Beans, Kentucky Pole Beans, Green Beans from last year...sorry I don't remember what variety they are but they have a white bean and green pod (these will climb)

2.  Sweet Peas (these will climb)

3.  Cucumbers - Pickling Cucumbers and Seedless Cucumbers (these will climb)

4.  Tomatoes - Beef, Yellow Jubilee, Cherry and Roma (I can't believe how big they've gotten...remember when they were just seedlings?)

5.  Carrots - Nantes 

6.  Eggplants - Black Beauty variety

7.  Peppers - Yellow Bell Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers

8. Greens - Mesclun Lettuce Salad Mix, Swiss Chard (Bright Lights variety), Spinach, Lettuce (Black Seeded Simpson)

9.  Butternut Squash

10. Watermelon - Sugar Baby variety

and we are also experimenting with purple potatoes for the first time (sorry I guess that would be 11)...

I can't tell you how exciting it is to go out each morning and see what popped up through the night!  I was telling someone last week about our Sugar Baby watermelons and how we haven't seen them come up yet.  Well, lo and behold, they popped up over the weekend!  I was so excited!  And the kids are too.  

Are you planting a vegetable garden this year?

Please visit the following links to see what others are planting this year:

15 comments:

Susie said...

Wow!! Everything looks sooooooo good!!

Jenny said...

Love how well your garden is coming along!

Erin said...

I wish I had put as many greens in as you did! Our swiss chard is doing great though. Love your baby pool planters!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Your garden is doing quite well. Everything you planted sounds delicious! I had planned on creating a garden this year, but just have not been able to do so yet.

~ Tracy

Ebie said...

Wow, you have a healthy garden, could be a bountifu1 harvest!

OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY

LV said...

You are doing good with your little garden. Just think how much better whatever it produces will taste since you grew it yourself.

The 3 Sisters said...

That is going to be some Vegetable garden! I would love to see those purple potatoes!

Best wishes and happy gardening,
Natasha.

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

Oh my goodness, Candi, I'm so jealous that you can have all those warm weather plants out and growing now! I had to plant my tomatoes, but it's still in the 30s at night so I've got them covered. They don't look as good as yours, though!

Thanks for linking up for the Tuesday Garden Party!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Your garden looks great! Mine is just coming up and it is the first time I have planted from seeds. I think I need to thin mine out. I do love to go down there and see them every day. It is like they grow an inch over night!

Kimba said...

YES! I am growing a garden this year! It's my first time trying so I love your post. Thanks for the ideas and inspiration.

Shirley said...

I'm hoping to get my garden in by the 15th. I love seeing vegetables grow!!

Jocelyn said...

We have planted 4 tomato plants and a few onion sets. The tomatoes already have fruit on them! Yeah! Thanks for sharing the sweet pictures.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Yea everything looks great!! So glad your potatoes are coming up!

Can you believe I already picked 2 tomatoes yesterday? Our garden is going crazy. I will post about it Friday.

Candi said...

@jenna - no way! I think it will be a little while for us. I did notice some little flowers on the jalapeno plants this morning though...that was exciting!

Alea Milham said...

I love how you have used pools as garden beds! Everything looks wonderful! I am hoping to be able to plant more soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails