This week for Top Ten Tuesday over at Oh Amanda!, I thought I'd share how our garden is growing...
These are the vegetables we've planted and believe it or not, they are actually growing!
1. Green Beans - Yellow Wax Beans, Kentucky Pole Beans, Green Beans from last year...sorry I don't remember what variety they are but they have a white bean and green pod (these will climb)
2. Sweet Peas (these will climb)
3. Cucumbers - Pickling Cucumbers and Seedless Cucumbers (these will climb)
4. Tomatoes - Beef, Yellow Jubilee, Cherry and Roma (I can't believe how big they've gotten...remember when they were just seedlings?)
5. Carrots - Nantes
6. Eggplants - Black Beauty variety
7. Peppers - Yellow Bell Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers
8. Greens - Mesclun Lettuce Salad Mix, Swiss Chard (Bright Lights variety), Spinach, Lettuce (Black Seeded Simpson)
9. Butternut Squash
10. Watermelon - Sugar Baby variety
and we are also experimenting with purple potatoes for the first time (sorry I guess that would be 11)...
I can't tell you how exciting it is to go out each morning and see what popped up through the night! I was telling someone last week about our Sugar Baby watermelons and how we haven't seen them come up yet. Well, lo and behold, they popped up over the weekend! I was so excited! And the kids are too.
Are you planting a vegetable garden this year?