Tuesday, August 31, 2010

OAMC: Plan for September

Over the summer months, we didn't do much once-a-month-cooking.  We mostly did batch cooking and did a lot of "winging-it".  Our freezer still has a pretty good stockpile and I really need to defrost it.  My friend Jodi came over a couple of weeks back and she thought I was kidding about the frost in there.  Nope, I don't try to exaggerate on my blog.  I try to keep it as real as I can.  There is probably a layer of about 5" thick ice and frost in the freezer.  I know!  It's really terrible, but it's our $100 Craigslist freezer and it does a pretty good job of storing frozen food.  So, like I was saying, it needs to be defrosted and I'd like to make a chalkboard chart on the door.  I love that idea and think it might save me some memory cells since the inventory will be on the door and not in my brain.  

Here's the game plan for September:

Pancakes x 2 meals
Black Beans x 6 meals
Pizza Dough x 4 meals
Bacon - baked and then frozen for meals
Meatballs for Sub Sandwiches x 3 meals
Hamburger Patties x 1 meal (I already have some Taco Burgers in the freezer so I only need to pat out enough burgers for one more meal)
Ground Beef for Spaghetti
Chicken Breasts x 5 meals (BBQ Chicken Pizza, Chicken Nachos, Chicken Soft Tacos, Chicken Salad, Southwest Chicken & Rice)
Crunchy Granola x 4-6 cups

Tuesday Prep and Baking:
Last minute purchases of pantry items we don't already have on hand
Soak black beans overnight
Bake the bacon in the oven, bag and store in freezer
Poach chicken breasts on stove top, shred, bag and store in freezer
Bake muffins and granola
Thaw hamburger meat 
Mix scones and flash freeze unbaked, bag and store in freezer

Wednesday Cooking:
Start beans in the crock pot
Mix the pancake batter and heat skillet to start working
Bake the bacon in the oven, bag and store in freezer
Mix Hamburger Patties, flash freeze, bag and store in freezer
Brown ground beef, drain, bag and store in freezer
Poach chicken breasts on stove top, shred, bag and store in freezer
Mix Meatballs and bake, flash freeze, bag and store in freezer

I think that's gonna do it.  

Have a great month! And be sure to check out what others have planned for September at Money Saving Mom.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Looks like a great plan:-)

Allie Z said...

how do you defrost the pizza dough? what's the timing? i'm looking for specific *successful* steps :)

Allie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails