Monday, September 20, 2010

Yes, I'm Shredding...AGAIN!

Okay, I know that sounds ominous, but I've started the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michael about 20 times in the last two years!  How many Day 1's can a person do?  I posted this on my Facebook status and received a couple of great reminders. 

1.  Kristi said "How many does this make?  and at least doing a Day 1 is better than not doing."
2.  Leslie said "If you do Day 1 for 30 days does that count?"

Aren't they great?  I love my friends :)

So to help keep me going this time around, I've joined forced with Alicia and Jenna.  

My ultimate goal is to lose 50 pounds by the end of next year.  I think this is completely doable, I just need the will power to succeed.  I used to be on Weight Watchers YEARS ago and learned a couple of valuable lessons from it.  Portion control is paramount and fill up on healthy veggies.  Having small children keeps me snacking, I just need to be sure it's healthy snacks.  I'll be reading through some of my favorite WW cookbooks to get some inspiration for next month's menu plan.  And my friend Lorre, also got one of Jillian's cookbooks, and she offered to let me look through for some inspiration.  

I'm telling you...I've got great friends for the motivation, I just need to put the motivation to practice in myself.

Some friends and I will be walking/jogging our next 5K in November.  I'm hoping Jillian will keep my endurance up so we can finish in good time.  This will be my 3rd 5K this year.  My goal is to complete it under 40 minutes.  Pretty reasonable, I think.  That's about 14 minutes per mile.  
I'll update my blog with my week's progress on Friday.  I think we'll call it Fitness Friday.  Sounds very positive.  A great jump-start for the weekend to keep me going. 

So will you join us?  Do you think I'm crazy?  Well, we know I'm crazy, so that question doesn't really count :)

Come on, get off the computer and get started!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Good luck on this debut:-)

Mandy said...

In March of this year, my challenge was to do the 30-day shred as often as I could for the month in addition to running a 5k. I tracked it and actually did her workout 21 days out of 31 days in the month. Plus I jogged. Not bad! It really does work! I lost another 5-7 pounds in that month to reach my 20 pound goal that I set for myself six months prior. I still do the 30-day shred at least twice a week now. I like it. It's not easy but it's only 20 minutes and a full-body workout. I say put it on and do it front of your kids. Vivian tries to do the moves with me and it makes me laugh while I'm sweating! You can do it. If I can help in any way, let me know.

But yeah, portion control and eatier healthier sure does make the challenge easier. I found that just looking for lighter recipes or making a few substitutions (less sugar, applesauce in place of oils, etc.) REALLY made a difference to eat less calories. I also added more fiber and protein to many of my foods -- wheat germ in muffins and pancakes, flax seed in cereal and yogurt. You can't taste it but it fills you up quicker! Also, when I'm hungry for a snack but don't want to eat, I'll have a cup of hot tea to curve the hunger.

The hardest part is keeping it up but you CAN do it! I am 22 pounds lighter than I was at this time last year thanks to meal tracking and exercising. So it can be done. And if you need someone to motivate you, just let me know!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Sounds like a awesome plan, so glad your joining in on the fun!! It will be fun I promise, we can do this. Love your goals.

But beware of my daily reminder emails, ha ha ha!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails