Friday, October 1, 2010

Fitness Friday 10/1/10 - Less Energy???

You'll remember there's quite a few of us trying to get Shredded by Jillian Michaels. 
This week was a pretty good week.  I was really tired though...

Saturday:  Worked out in the morning and it felt good to get it out of the way (thanks Jenna for the suggestion!) for the day.  I was finding it hard to find the time to "Shred".  

Sunday:  No workout.  I needed a break.  I'm working out 5 days a week, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.  No workout on Thursday or Sunday.  I work early morning on these days, so it was really hard to get up even earlier and do a workout.  

Monday:  Felt a little nauseous today.  I continued to drink lots of water and eat pasta with veggies and added some grilled chicken to my pasta salad.  My hiney is sore from the workout.

Tuesday:  Still feeling a little tired and didn't want to work out, but got out of the bed to "Shred".  I couldn't find the laptop charger and so I worked out from memory while Sissy crawled into my bed to watch PBS.  I was craving chocolate and my friend Donna brought me some chocolate covered macadamia nuts back from her trip to Hawaii.  I ate several of them.  Then I felt really really sick. 

Wednesday:  Found my charger.  My hiney was still sore from the squatting (I count that as a good thing).  So I must be doing something right.  I've felt hungrier all week and figure my metabolism is revving up.  I think that's good.  I just need to be careful about eating chocolate.  After yesterday's episode, I'm steering clear of the stuff.

Friday:  Today I'm baking for my OAMC.  I've been trying to focus on more healthy breakfasts and snacks for the us.  I added oatmeal to some pancakes for fiber.  I cut back on the oil in the muffins and used applesauce and pearsauce.  

I'm feeling really tired today.  I thought I would feel more energetic after doing the workout but it's not the case for me.  I did some research online and it seems my leaky heart valves might have something to do with it.  I just need to be careful and monitor my heart rate.  Why is it when I want to lose weight or try to be more fit, something gets in the way?  I want to lose weight and get fit, but my heart is acting out.  I will get through this just like any other problem.  It just might take me a little longer.  I'm really proud of myself that I've stuck with it for Day 10!  I've never gotten this far before and probably wouldn't have without the help of the other ladies.  Thanks y'all!  I'll be moving up to Level 2 on Saturday morning...I'm a little nervous, but I'll persevere :)

Hope you have a great weekend and if you're doing the 30 Day Shred, be sure to read the other posts linked to The Thrifty Mama's post.  It's very encouraging to hear the progress of others. 

2 comments:

Susie said...

I am tired today too:-)

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

So glad your sticking with it, and sorry your not feeling energized. I would say your heart thing would be a big concern, so definitely be careful with that.

Thanks for helping motivate me, I don't think I would have lasted this long either.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails