Sunday, October 31, 2010

Monthly Meal Plan: November 2010 (...and OAMC Plan)

Yeah!!!  It's soup weather!  Kevin and I have talked about eating fewer calories and one of the best ways to do that is by eating a yummy filling soup.  This month I'll be making a couple of new soups for lunch.  As you may know, my husband is a meat-a-tarian and prefers simple soups that are not filled with yummy filling vegetables.  He prefers his soups with one or two main ingredients so I've found a couple of interesting looking soups for supper we're going to try.  We're also going to be adding a few fish meals since I found some tilapia on sale at Aldi for $2.99 per pound.  And let's not forget about adding "Bean Night".  I made a large batch of Refried Beans last month and I'll be using them throughout the month.

Here's the simple game plan.  Each week for Meal Plan Monday, I'm hoping to elaborate based on what we've been able to stockpile:
  1. Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken
  2. LEFTOVERS:  Chicken & Rice Soup
  3. Breakfast for supper
  4. Bean Night
  5. Pizza night
  6. Family dinner
  7. Subway Supper
  8. Grilled Chicken 
  9. Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup*
  10. Breakfast for supper
  11. Bean Night
  12. Pizza Night
  13. Lemon Pepper Tilapia*
  14. Salmon Cakes
  15. Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken
  16. LEFTOVERS:  Chicken & Dumplings
  17. Breakfast for supper
  18. Bean Night
  19. Pizza Night
  20. Crispy Golden Sauteed Fish*
  21. Crock Pot Sweet & Spicy Short Rib Tacos*
  22. Grilled Chicken 
  23. Garbanzo & Chorizo Soup*
  24. Breakfast for supper
  25. Bean Night
  26. Pizza Night
  27. Family Dinner
  28. Fish and White Bean Tostadas*
  29. Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken
  30. LEFTOVERS:  Classic Tortilla Soup*
(*) new-to-us recipes
    Here's the OAMC Plan for November:
    I'm so excited to try some new recipes.  We are sort of tired of eating my chocolate chip granola bars (not that they aren't delicious, but we were eating them every month) and was thrilled to read about the pumpkin granola bars.

    I'm hoping to stockpile a few more pantry staples like pasta, spaghetti sauce, canned green beans and peanut butter.  I'll just need to keep an eye open at the store ads to make sure I don't miss anything!

    Enjoy!

    This has been linked to:

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails