Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Things Thursday: Visiting a Teahouse

I'm not really fond of trying new things.  I have terrible anxiety and when I do something out of the ordinary, I get all discombobulated.  My heart palpitates, I break out into a sweat, my stomach gets all knotty.  So when I read about Alicia's blog carnival Try New Things Thursday, I thought no way,  I can't try new things!  But then I thought about it and decided I should step out of my comfort zone and try something new.  Sounds crazy to put myself through some torture!  But maybe if I do it enough, I won't experience such bad anxiety.  Sounds good anyway!

A few weeks ago, Groupon was offering a discount to Roswell Teahouse.  So I bought two for me and my Momma.  My Momma loves tea.  In fact, she works at a place in Douglasville that offers afternoon teas.  She loves it.  So after my ordeal with this crazy surgery and her spending nearly an entire week with me, changing diapers and folding laundry, I thought it only appropriate to show my appreciation by taking her to the Roswell Teahouse. 

I've never been there before.  We usually have our own tea parties.  We left early, so we wouldn't get lost and be late...to avoid some anxiety.

It was really nice.  The food was pretty good.  The kids had a great time too!  They offer a Princess Tea for the kids.  The Princess Tea had PB&J sandwiches, open faced Nutella sandwich, chocolate dipped strawberry and cream puff, apple strudel, cucumber sandwiches, and a slice of chocolate Bundt cake. 
The full afternoon tea included all the above plus a bowl of soup.  We chose Tomato Basil, it was delicious!
Our sandwiches included a smoked salmon open faced sandwich, which I did not like.  

Their scones were really strange.  They were baked in a muffin tin but tasted like a flaky, dry muffin.  The lemon curd was wonderfully delicious.  Sissy LOVED it!  She ate nearly the entire bowl!
Boo-Boo tried their Teddy Bear flavored tea.  It had apple, light almond and cinnamon notes.  Very tasty and pretty, it was pink!  Sissy and I tried the Georgia Peach tea.  Very clean, fruity flavor.  Momma had the Chocolate Safari and Pumpkin Spice Cream.  The Chocolate Safari was not very chocolatey, but had notes of chocolate, Momma loved it.  I tried some of the Pumpkin Spice Cream.  It was pumpkin-y and spicy.  I didn't get the creamy notes, but I really liked it.  
It was a fun day.  I think the kids had more fun than we did!
 


We had a great day.  My anxiety did get the better of me at one point, but after downing some cold water, I was fine.  Trying new things might not be so bad after all.  

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Gator Mommy said...

Yeah! I LOVE all the local tips you give!! This place looks great but my problem is that I only have boys :( I saw that your son went, so is it kid friendly? I wonder if daddy will even let us do something so "girly"??

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness! I LOOOOOOOVE tea drinking, so this would be right up my alley! We went to a tea house for the "bridesmaid luncheon" of my best friend's wedding, and it was so much fun. They even had hats and scarves you could use while you were there.

Good for you for stepping out and doing something new! It doesn't have to be painful...:D

How's that wrist doing?

Love, Alicia
P.S. THANKS for linking up, girlfriend!

Susie said...

That looks like a really fun place to visit:-)

Mandy said...

GOOD FOR YOU - Get out of that comfort zone! Maybe you'll discover something exciting and meaningful. Love the tea place. Especially love all the up close and personal photos you shared! Fun stuff!

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Oh girl good for you, so glad you tried something new, and come on drinking tea and eating goodies couldn't have been that hard now? Ha ha ha!! Looks like so much fun, love all the finger licking pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails