Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happiness Project

The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun 
Some friends and I are sharing in a book club and working on our "happiness project" based on Gretchen Rubin's book.  I haven't actually read the book yet.  I just found out my local library has a copy of it and I placed it on hold.  I'm hoping to pick it up on Friday afternoon. 

We talked about what makes us happy.  Most of the time, it's the little things that make us happy.  So I thought I'd share some of the things that make me happy.  I'm sure there are more, this is just what came to my mind, at random:
  1. my children's giggles
  2. baking yummy goodies
  3. snuggles with my kids
  4. naps for me
  5. naps for my kids
  6. holding hands with my hubby
  7. seeing my hubby walk in the door
  8. cooking shows 
  9. chocolate cake 
  10. purple violet tea cups
  11. shopping with my Momma
  12. daffodils in the spring
  13. snowflakes
  14. razors
  15. kisses from my children
  16. old family recipes
  17. Curel hand lotion
  18. movies based on Jane Austen's books
  19. snuggling with my hubby on the couch
  20. meeting a kindred spirit
  21. nature walks
  22. finishing a 5K race with my friends
  23. hugs from my Dad
  24. old family pictures
  25. my mother-in-law's margaritas
  26. cooking with my daughter
  27. vegetable seeds sprouting in the garden
  28. painted toe nails
  29. Hobby Lobby
  30. hearing "tank ooo" from my 2 year old
  31. freshly mopped floors
  32. berry picking
  33. childhood friends
  34. when people enjoy my baking
  35. waterfalls
  36. field trips
  37. winter sunsets
  38. homemade cards
  39. coupons
  40. picnic lunches at the park
  41. Mojitos
  42. Mexican food
  43. date night
  44. Soup Beans and Cornbread on a cold night
  45. hearing my daughter stand up for her beliefs
  46. sleeping under the stars
  47. cold bed on a warm night
  48. warm bed on a cold night
  49. homemade quilts
  50. leaf peeping in North Georgia
  51. baby animals
  52. resurrection hope
  53. life experiences in the WT
  54. apple picking 
  55. board games
  56. cookbooks


I'm also working on my personal goals.  Before my baptism, I wrote down 5 goals I wanted to accomplish before I got married.  I was able to fulfill 4 of them before marriage and one afterward.  I didn't really make any other goals for myself after that.  I think it's high time I did, after all, setting goals helps us make progress instead of regress... 

Enjoy! 

This post has been linked to:
Finer Things Friday

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails