Monday, May 16, 2011

Meal Plan Monday 5/16/11


Have you purchased your copy of my new eCookbook Sweet Creations Volume 1 "Basic Southern Cakes"?

It's only $2.99!

Last week we ate Garlic Lemon Tilapia.  It was really yummy!  I didn't bake it in the oven, but I sort of steamed it on the stove top by putting tin foil over the skillet.  Everyone loved it, my hubby included.  We also made Garbanzo Vegetable Soup, aka "happy soup".  I termed it this because the vegetables are just so darn pretty when they are simmering in the pot.  It makes me happy when I see them swimming around, all the oranges and reds.  And it tastes so good and warm and comforting!  I ate some for supper Sunday evening since the weather turned cooler.  We have leftovers, so I'll probably be eating it for lunch for a few days.

I picked up a couple of cans of pumpkin from ALDI for $.49 last week.  I'm thinking of making some pumpkin stuff.  Maybe some pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spiced granola, and pumpkin oatmeal.

Breakfasts:  Applesauce Pancakes topped with yogurt, blueberries and almonds;  Hard boiled eggs, peanut butter toast with banana;  Pumpkin Oatmeal with dried cranberries and almonds.
Lunch:  Garbanzo Vegetable Soup with crackers;  Turkey Sandwich and apples

Snacks:  Turkey wrapped string cheese with apple; Popcorn with peanut butter drizzle 

Monday:  Sloppy Toms (making double batch for later in the month), Oven Cheese Fries, Green Beans

Tuesday:  Taco Tuesday the Daisy (no meeting tonight since we have our Circuit Assembly)

Wednesday:  Rabbit in the Hole with turkey sausage and Mandarin oranges


Friday:  Lentil Ground Turkey Taco Mix for burritos

Saturday & Sunday:  Circuit Assembly - sandwiches, fruit, baked chips, string cheese for lunch;  Supper, hoping to go out to eat one night and probably eating freezer things for the other night

I hope y'all have a great week!

Be sure to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more meal planning ideas.

Enjoy!




2 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Love all the pumpkin stuff!! Have a great assembly! I am so looking forward to the convention!

Susie said...

Oooooo...rabbit in the hole? That's sounds GREAT!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails