Have you purchased your copy of my new eCookbook Sweet Creations Volume 1 "Basic Southern Cakes"?
It's only $2.99!
I love little sweet cookies.
I really love little sweet cookies that are low calorie.
And I really, really love little sweet cookies that are low calorie and chocolatey!
These are so yummy!!!
Cinnamon Cocoa Meringue Cookies
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Beat until soft peaks form.
Add the sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon
and beat until stiff peaks form.
Pipe or drop onto a parchment or tin foil lined baking sheet (if you use tin foil, lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray)
Bake at 200 degrees F for 2 hours and then turn off the oven and allow to sit overnight in the oven.
The next morning, remove from baking sheet and enjoy!
These are so yummy!!! I think next time I'll reduce the cinnamon to 1/4 teaspoon because it tasted a little too cinnamon--y for me.
Makes about 16 cookies. Each cookie is 18 calories, 0 gr fat, 3.4 gr carb, 1.1 gr protein.
This post has also been linked to:
- Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairytale
- Mmmonday at Acting Balanced
- Meatless Monday at Midnight Maniac
- Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist
- Muffin Monday at Talking Dollars and Cents
- 2 Maids a Baking at 2 Maids a Milking
- Hearth and Soul at A Moderate Life
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Delicious Dish at It's a Blog Party
- Delectable Tuesday Blog Hop at Home Sweet Farm
- Tasty Tuesday at 33 Shades of Green
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Made from Scratch Tuesday at From Mess Hall to Bistro
- $5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
- No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
- Lets Do Brunch at My Sweet & Savory
- Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
- Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- What's On Your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats