Tuesday, August 16, 2011

RECIPE: Roasted Tomato Soup

My parents had an abundance of cherry and grape tomatoes this summer.  My cousin Brenda told me about a recipe she got from a Rachael Ray magazine for Roasted Tomatoes.  So I decided to give it a try.  Instead of keeping them for pasta salads, I decided to puree everything in the food processor.  After that, I poured everything in my fine mesh strainer to remove seeds and skins.  I had to make this over a couple of days and so it was placed in the fridge in a large plastic pitcher.  After I strained everything, it was still chilled and it tasted SO GOOD!  I decided to add a sour cream flower to the top of the soup and we ate it with grilled cheese sandwiches.  So pretty and so yummy!

 They grew yellow and red cherry and grape tomatoes.

 This basil is from my garden.

 Toss everything with oil and salt and pepper.

Sorry I didn't get all the pictures, but this is the final result.  So pretty!

Hope you have a great day!

Enjoy!


This post has also been linked to:

7 comments:

Jennifer @ Just Peachy in Dixie said...

I have always wanted to love tomato soup, but never acquired the taste for it. This recipe does sound delicious though, so I may have to give it another shot.

I would love it if you could stop by my very first blog hop debuting today and share this post!

Have a great day!

Empty Nester said...

I will be trying this out today! Thanks!

Rachel @ Little Kitchen, Big Bites said...

the end product is beautiful! thanks for sharing!

Beth said...

Tomatoes were beautiful "in the raw" and made for a lovely soup too!

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Beautiful presentation, I bet this is amazing with a grilled cheese sandwich, love that combination!!

Shu Han said...

that looks beautiful! i just love the colours of those tomatoes!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

How pretty! I would have been lazy and just plopped it in there! Actually, I've never even strained my tomato soup, I just puree the whole thing. I'm coming to your house for the GOOD stuff! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails