My parents had an abundance of cherry and grape tomatoes this summer. My cousin Brenda told me about a recipe she got from a Rachael Ray magazine for Roasted Tomatoes. So I decided to give it a try. Instead of keeping them for pasta salads, I decided to puree everything in the food processor. After that, I poured everything in my fine mesh strainer to remove seeds and skins. I had to make this over a couple of days and so it was placed in the fridge in a large plastic pitcher. After I strained everything, it was still chilled and it tasted SO GOOD! I decided to add a sour cream flower to the top of the soup and we ate it with grilled cheese sandwiches. So pretty and so yummy!
They grew yellow and red cherry and grape tomatoes.
This basil is from my garden.
Toss everything with oil and salt and pepper.
Sorry I didn't get all the pictures, but this is the final result. So pretty!
Hope you have a great day!
This post has also been linked to:
- Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairytale
- Mmmonday at Acting Balanced
- Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist
- Muffin Monday at Talking Dollars and Cents
- 2 Maids a Baking at 2 Maids a Milking
- Hearth and Soul at A Moderate Life
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Delicious Dish at It's a Blog Party
- Delectable Tuesday Blog Hop at Home Sweet Farm
- Tasty Tuesday at 33 Shades of Green
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Tuesday Garden Party at Oregon Cottage
- Made from Scratch Tuesday at From Mess Hall to Bistro
- $5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
- No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
- Lets Do Brunch at My Sweet & Savory
- Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
- Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- What's On Your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats