Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Meal Plan Monday 2/10/14

A day late this week...

There's another ice storm heading to Atlanta area this week.  I had to brave the crowds yesterday to do my regular grocery shopping.  The milk was down to about 5 gallons of 2% by noon.  I hope everyone got what they needed.  We are not experiencing any snow or ice today.  The weather is forecasting we will start to receive ice and sleet around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning.  Of course, that's the day I'm supposed to be working at the bakery and have a cute baby shower cake due.  I need to be there working on the gumpaste accents so they can be drying so I'm a little nervous about getting it all finished before Friday.

In the meantime, here's the food plan for the week:

Monday:  Spaghetti, steamed broccoli with lemon pepper and rolls

Tuesday:  Red Beans and Rice with Sausage, salad

Wednesday:  Apple Pie Crock Pot Oatmeal using steel cut oats, bacon and scrambled eggs - I'm going to use this receipe as a basis but will most likely change it up.  If it's delicious beyond words, I'll share the recipe here.

Thursday:  Pork Roast with Salsa Verde , shredded and turned into pork carnitas using flour tortillas, dressed with lettuce, more salsa verde and avocado and side of rice

Friday:  Maybe out to eat...not sure yet

Saturday:  Posole with leftover pork from Thursday.  I wish I had blogged the last recipe when I made this.  I remember it being super tasty and my picky eater (my hubby) loved it.  So I'm going to try to remember and combine these two recipes (turkey posole and chicken posole) as last time and then  I'll blog about it to remember for the future!

Sunday:  Greek Chicken Marinade - baking in oven, oven roasted potatoes and green beans


Breakfasts:
peanut butter toast, yogurt, applesauce;
egg white with cheddar, buttered toast, applesauce

Lunches:  The kids are out of school for the next few days:
Spaghetti-o's and Grilled Cheese with peaches;
Macaroni and Cheese with peas and apple dippers with peanut butter;
for me:
Turkey Sandwich and applesauce and celery and pb
Tuna Salad with lemon pepper and applesauce and celery sticks
Leftovers for the weekend

Snacks:
Buffalo popcorn;
Parmesan popcorn;
turkey wrapped cheddar stick and applesauce;
apple dippers with peanut butter and yogurt

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails