Monday, May 5, 2014

Meal Plan Monday 5/5/14

Starting off the month right with my meal plan for the week!

Over the weekend, we had our annual arts and crafts festival at Serenbe called May Day.  Local artists come out and bring their wares.  This year we were so busy, I wasn't able to walk around to the booths.  Very disappointed!  But the glassblower was set up right outside our shop so we could peek out the windows and watch.  He was amazing! Janke Studios.

We made some lemonades and sold them in pint mason jars.  They looked so cute.
 
I was super proud of the sign.  I took part of the kids' playset and wrote on it with some chalk.  I didn't know if it would work, but it turned out pretty cute.  Then we filled the jars with our lemonades and displayed them in a galvanized bucket.  We sold out by 2:30 so next year, we'll know to make more!

We left at 3:30 to deliver a wedding cake to Foxhall.  The bride wanted to add blue to her cake.  I've never done a colored wedding cake, but I loved the way it turned out and so did she!

Now on to the meal plan!

Monday:  Cheap Korean Beef over rice with steamed broccoli and green beans (I've made this before and will be using only about 1 tablespoon of brown sugar but adding about 1/2 cup ketchup. We like the saucy look of it.)

Tuesday:  Breakfast for Dinner:  Waffles with strawberries, scrambled eggs with cheese.

Wednesday:  Traditional Pork Roast with carrots, celery, potatoes and onions (leftovers for soup)

Thursday:  Parmesan Tilapia with rice and veggies (probably green beans and peas)

Friday:  Pizza Night with salad

Saturday:  Lunch:  Nachos;  Supper:  Leftover Pork used for Pork Posole

Sunday: We will be at the Ren Fest, so I'll be eating a turkey leg!

Breakfast:
Sunbutter sandwich with strawberry banana smoothie
Egg White sandwich with cheese and applesauce

Snacks:
Ham and cheese roll up with applesauce
Almonds and cheese stick with pears

Weekly lunches:  I'm making Christina's Split Pea Soup (using some yellow split peas I found at the international food market) for lunches this week.  I'll freeze any leftovers for later on.

Hope you have a great week!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails