Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Homemade Crock Pot Yogurt

Oh my goodness, this was so easy!!! I ran across the Crock Pot Lady's blog the other day. She made meals in her crock pot for 365 days! And is still going. She had done a yogurt in her crock pot and I just couldn't wait to try it. I buy yogurt every week at the grocery store. Even when it's on sale with a coupon, it's still expensive. First I read through all the comments, and there are over 200 comments near about. They had lots of suggestions to make it thicker and sweeten it up. So after figuring out the best way I would like it, I came up with this.

Crock Pot Yogurt
  • 8 cups Fat Free Milk
  • 6 oz container of Plain yogurt with Live Cultures
  • 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
  • 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract















I put the milk in first like The Crock Pot Lady's recipe suggested. Then turn on the crock pot on low setting and leave for 2-1/2 hours. Unplug the crock pot for 3 hours. In a small bowl, whisk together the plain yogurt, gelatin and vanilla extract. Add 2 cups of the crock pot milk and thoroughly combine. Then pour the mixture back into the crock pot and stir well. Cover and wrap in towels to keep warm. Let it sit for 8 or more hours. Then pour into storage containers and refrigerate. I couldn't believe how easy this was! I ate it for breakfast this morning. I sweetened it up with about a teaspoon of honey. If you eat lots of yogurt in your house, you have to try this! And don't forget to try it with the granola recipe...it's so good!!!


This post has been linked to:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails