This is a recipe I got from a co-worker about 13 years ago. You can adjust the size according to the size of your family. Since it's just me, Kevin and Haylei right now, I made this in an 11 x 5 casserole dish. These are some ingredients I had on hand from past Publix BOGOs and other pantry items I had on hand. (This recipe was written before Hunter was born :)
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- non stick cooking spray
- Enough bread slices to fit in the bottom of your casserole dish pan (crusts removed)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 frozen turkey sausage patties, diced
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange bread slices in bottom of dish, leaving about 1/2" space on all sides.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper in bowl and mix well, set aside.
- Sprinkle diced sausage evenly over the bread slices.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and bread.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the top of the dish.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
This post has been linked to: