Wednesday, May 27, 2009

RECIPE: Apricot Mustard Pork Tenderloin


This is a yummy recipe that I tweaked a bit to suit our family. The original recipe is from Jillian Michaels.

I purchased a pork tenderloin during a Kroger 3 day sale a few weeks ago. This is a 2-1/2 lb pork tenderloin I got for $4.99. I used half of it for this recipe and I'll be cooking the other half in the crock pot Saturday night for BBQ Pork sandwiches for Sunday.

I guess that's enough rambling!

Here's the recipe:

Apricot Mustard Pork Tenderloin

1 lb pork tenderloin
3 tbsp apricot preserves
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1 tbsp crushed rosemary

Place the pork in a plastic storage bag with the apricot preserves, mustard and rosemary. Marinate in the fridge for a few hours (mine was in there for about 6 hours).




Preheat a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat and add about 1 tbsp olive oil. Place the tenderloins in the pan and sear all sides. Reduce heat to medium low and cover and roast for another 15 minutes or until the meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F.




Don't these look delicious! I served these with roasted potatoes, carrots and broccoli tossed with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. They were so moist and practically fell apart when I was slicing them! The best part? The pork is only 180 calories per serving...this recipe serves 4 people.


Be sure to tweak this to suit your family. Why not change up the yellow mustard and use Dijon Mustard. Or if you're not crazy about apricot preserves, try using peach or pineapple preserve. I hope this sparks some creative juices for you and yours!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh yum! I love apricots. I used to have a recipe for apricot chicken that I made all the time in the slow cooker. I'll have to look it up again :-)

Candi said...

Chicken would be a great alternative to the pork here...I'll have to try that next time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails