Here's some interesting information: Did you know that 76% of the population fall short of getting enough Vitamin D; and 72% of the population is not getting enough calcium in their diets? According to recent research, consuming calcium and vitamin D during childhood and adolescence can help reduce risk of fractures in adulthood.
Thankfully Yoplait comes to our rescue! And my kids and I LOVE it! We can have a healthy start to our day by eating Yoplait yogurt for breakfast, a quick snack between meals or even an after dinner "dessert". There are so many different flavors to choose from, tonight I bought one of my favorites: Pina Colada! My other faves is Vanilla and Pineapple. My kids love Strawberry-Banana, Strawberry, Peach...come to think of it, I don't think there is a flavor they don't like!
If you need another reason to eat Yoplait (besides the fact it just tastes plain good) each serving has 10-20% of your daily value of Vitamin D and is a tasty source of of calcium. Not only is it important to take in enough calcium and Vitamin D, but we need to strengthen our bones by exercise. My kids love going to the park and running and playing on the playground equipment. Since the weather is cooling down now, my husband and I have decided to pick up our walking at the park. It's so important for us to keep our bones healthy and strong and Yoplait can help!Yoplait Yogurt has teamed up with celebrity Nancy O'Dell to giveaway two (2) "Get Healthy & Strong" gift bags to two (2) readers. The gift bags includes a coupon for a FREE Yoplait Yogurt, an autographed copy of Nancy O'Dell's book Full of Life and a yoga mat with tote bag. (PLEASE NOTE: the FREE coupon is not valid in the following states: ID, LA, ND, NJ, NV and TN.) Here's how you can enter: Please remember to LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS in your comments so I can contact you if you win.
- Required entry: You must answer one of the following questions before you can submit additional entries: What is your favorite way to stay active for yourself and your family? - OR - What are some tips you can share for maintaining a balanced lifestyle with exercise and healthy foods? - OR - How do you include calcium and vitamin D into your family's diet?
- Follow my blog on Blogger, and leave a comment stating you are. Also leave a comment if you already follow my blog. (You'll find the box in the sidebar.)
- Subscribe to my blog via email, then post a comment here stating that you have. If you already subscribe, comment that you already do. (You'll find the box in my sidebar "Regular Updates via Email".)
- Become of fan of Yoplait on Facebook, then leave a comment here stating that you have.
- Follow me on Twitter, then tweet about this giveaway and make sure you include @gapeachmom so I can find the tweet. Then leave a comment stating you did.
- Blog about this giveaway on your blog, link back to my blog and leave the link to your blog post in the comments.
This giveaway is open for US Residents ONLY. Giveaway ends Monday, September 21, 2009 at 9 p.m. EST. Two (2) winners will be chosen by Random.org. Winners must respond to email notification with 72 hours, or a new number will be chosen. MyBlogSpark will ship prizes directly to the winners.
I look forward to hearing from everyone!