Sunday, November 8, 2009

Frugal Entertaining: Crash Course in Couponing

I held my first "Crash Course in Couponing" discussion at my house Saturday evening. I invited my friends who wanted to learn more details about couponing. And I invited each of them to bring a friend who was interested in learning more. Well we ended up with about 25 ladies in my house. I wish I had taken out my camera, we had ladies sitting on the floor, in the kitchen, in the living room, on the fireplace hearth...they were everywhere. For the most part, everyone was very receptive. I tried to be simple and to the point. I met alot of new friends and look forward to getting to know them better. It was a lot of fun! I've already received a text from one friend requesting another discussion but on an "Advanced" level. (By the way: the reason I'm calling them "discussions" rather than "classes" is because I don't feel like an authority or a professional. I am basing the information I related on past experiences and from other couponing websites I visit daily.)

We started the evening off with margaritas and a baked potato bar. We had several toppings to choose from: vegetarian chili, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and steamed broccoli. For dessert we had fudge and strawberry marshmallows. A couple of friends brought other desserts: peanut butter bars and homemade crunch n' munch. I was able to feed everyone for $11.18 or $.45 per person. That's what I call Frugal Entertaining!

I showed some products I was able to get for FREE and less than a dollar. I had everyone guess what the regular price was and then the price I paid for it. I think many were surprised to find out what you can get for FREE.

All in all I think the discussion was very successful and look forward to doing another one very soon!


Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails