Thursday, December 3, 2009

Monthly Totals December 2009


Well, I did it again. Over budget. I'm glad we started keeping track of our expenses. At least we know where the money is going and how it was spent. This month I learned I spent far too much at Target during the first week of the month. And it was really dumb, because I knew that I could have gotten the craft supplies at the Dollar Tree. I wish I had returned them to get our money back but Haylei tore open the bag when we got home. My other unusual purchase was when my momma and I took a trip to an Organic/Natural Foods store to buy some bulk organic whole wheat pastry flour, honey and herbs. Totally worth it as I used most of it during my freezer baking day. Here's how it ended up:

Grocery Stores:
Total OOP $200.32, but received $655.70 worth of product. This works out to be $50.08 each week for groceries saving $455.38 or 69.45% (over budget $.08).

Drug Stores:
Total OOP $81.79, but received $480.00 worth of product. This works out to be $20.45 each week for drug store related purchases (including diapers and wipes and my crazy Target trip) saving $398.21 or 82.96%.


I ended up with $1135.70 worth of product for $282.11 saving $853.59 (75.16%). ($70.53 combined weekly OOP).

Hope you had a great month!

You can see how others are doing by reading more at Money Saving Mom.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails