Boy my scenarios were way off at CVS & Walgreens this week! Can't win them all I guess..
I bought a $5 prescription and received a $25 Gift Card so really I wasn't out any money on the following orders:
(2) Essence of Beauty Hand Pump Soaps $4.99 each
(1) Emergen-C Immune Booster $3.99 each
(1) Zantac $8.99 each
- $2 off $10 CVS brand item
- $10 ECB from last week
- $8 ECB from last week
- $2 Zantac coupon
= $.96 OOP saved $24.60 (100% paid with GC) and received $8.00 ECB, $3.99 ECB, $8.99 ECB, $4 ECB (from the CVS Christmas booklet, there's a $4 ECB WYB $20, the ECB prints after the order)
(6) 7UP 12 pks 3/$11
(1) J&J First Aid Kit $.99
- $4 ECB from 1st order (totally messed up and meant to give him the $8 ECB!!!)
- $3.99 ECB from 1st order
- $8.99 ECB from 1st order
= $6.01 OOP saved $24.92 (100% paid with GC) and received $6 ECB for next week
(2) Nivea Lotions FREE
(6) Nivea Lip Care $2.99 each! (not $.99 as I thought)
- used BOGO coupon and paid $8.97 for all 6
(1) Neutrogena Men's Shave Gel $4.99 (forgot to clip my $2/1 coupon!)
- used $5 RR from last week
= $8.96 OOP saved $33.25 (78%) and received $5 RR for Neutrogena + $5 RR for $25 purchase
(2) Chinet Plates $.50 for both after coupons
(1) Conair Hairbrush 2pk (make sure you get CONAIR) $2.00
(2) Wonka Gobstoppers $.39 each
(2) Nestle Morsels $.99 each after coupons
- used $5 RR from 1st order
= $.75 OOP saved $13.80 (95%) and received $2 RR for Conair
(2) 8th Continent Soy Milk $1.99 ($1 peelies on the carton)
(2) Fast Fixin' Chicken Tenders $2.00
(4) Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers $.20 each
(2) Chung's Spring Rolls $.80 each
(4) Betty Crocker Frosting $.25 each
(4) Juicy Juice $1.33 each
(2) Domino's Powdered Sugar $.49 each
(2) Domino's Brown Sugar $.49 each
(5) Wolfgang Puck's Organic Broth $1.00 each
(6) Hunt's Tomatoes $.40 each
(2) Campbell's Select Soup $.20 each (there were $.75 peelies on the cans but I used $1/1 coupon I printed)
= $24.36 OOP, saved $65.23 (73%)
I was really happy with my shopping experience today. I shopped at a different Publix in Douglasville. The employees were so nice.
But I am very disappointed in one couponer. I asked one of the managers where they kept their Green Advantage Buy Flyer since I wanted to pick up on the Revlon tweezer and Benevia deals. She told me there was a lady who shops there and took them ALL! When the manager asked for some back the lady said "NO". That is completely rude and I could not believe what she had told me. I apologized for the lady and told the manager that people like her make the rest of us couponers look bad. In my coupon workshops I mention how important it is to be a "Considerate Couponer". IT IS NOT OKAY TO TAKE EVERYTHING OFF THE SHELF NOR IS IT OKAY TO TAKE ALL THE COUPON BOOKLETS OR FLYERS ONE STORE HAS!!! What's worse, the manager said the lady shops at 3 Publix stores in the Douglasville area and takes the flyers from ALL the stores!!!
Tell me: what is one person going to do with 400 flyers??? PUHLEEZE!!! This one couponer has ruined the opportunity for other couponers to take advantage of deals that could help offset their grocery bill each month. That is selfish and totally uncalled-for.
Okay, now that I've gotten that off my chest. I feel better now.
I hope you have a great shopping week and if you get any great deals, please share so we can pick up on it too!
Check out what others are saving: Grocery Cart Challenge (Monday Shopping Round Up), Fiddledeedee Mom (Monday Publix Super Savers) , Money Saving Mom (Super Savings Saturday), I Heart Publix (Saturday Weekly Totals), Saving Our Cents (Saturday), Southern Savers (Friday Finals), Thrifty Mama (Shopping Superstars)