Tuesday, January 12, 2010

RECIPE: Baked Macaroni and Cheese

I love Baked Macaroni and Cheese casseroles.  It's hard to find a great recipe that ends up both creamy and cheesy.  This one is pretty good, I think it might be even better with a squirt of ketchup for some tang!


Baked Mac N Cheese
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
2 eggs
1/4 cup softened butter
2 cups grated Velveeta cheese (freeze it to easily grate it)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2-5 oz cans Evaporated Milk
2 cups grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese (divided)


In mixing bowl combine eggs, butter, Velveeta cheese, salt, milk and 1 cup of Sharp Cheddar.  Mix well and stir in cooked macaroni.  Spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the macaroni mixture.  Sprinkle the top with remaining 1 cup of Cheddar cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-45 minutes until top is golden brown and bubbly.


Yummy!

4 comments:

SnoWhite said...

oh how I love thee...baked mac and cheese. takes me back to being "young" again ;-)

Tara said...

i love how you post all the recipes!! I have seen lots of recipes that call for dry mustard and this gives the macaroni a "tang." I tried it the other day and it was delicious!!

Candi said...

Thanks Tara! I've seen that too but never tried it...going to put Dry Mustard on my list.

Sarah said...

I love baked mac and cheese. I just tried the Pioneer Woman's recipe for fancy mac and cheese (with carmelized onions and bacon)....WOW! Grown up mac and cheese - that makes me want to lick my plate clean :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails