This has been a loooonnngggg OAMC "day". After stretching this over 4 days, I've decided I really do like to have it all done in one day. I might be completely exhausted by the end of that one day and my kitchen might be a complete mess, but having a messy kitchen for 4 days and being exhausted for 4 days is not worth it.
Our freezer is ready for the month of February. We ate our first freezer meal of Baked Ziti/Pasta tonight. It was wonderful! We had a very busy day and got home around 5:30. I poured the thawed pasta into a casserole dish, topped it with shredded mozzarella and baked it at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes. It was so yummy. The kids ate all of the pasta and NO ONE knew I had put the secret ingredient in it. We also have another Baked Ziti/Pasta for later in the month.
Originally I planned to accomplish this:
- 36 chocolate chip granola bars (I cannot keep these in the house! Last time I made them, they lasted 2 days -- TWO DAYS!!! But I should count that as a compliment to how good they taste.)
- 24 sweet potato cranberry muffins (I'm going to use the pumpkin chocolate chip recipe and substitute sweet potato for pumpkin and chopped frozen cranberries for chocolate chips.)
- 24 pumpkin chocolate chip muffins,
- 40 breakfast burritos for Kevin's breakfasts
- 4 quarts of Mexican style chili beans,
- 4 batches of pizza dough,
- a batch of pork empanadas using up the leftover Citrus Cumin Pork Roast from last month,
- 2 Chicken Alfredo Florentine Casseroles (I'll probably use this recipe as a starting point and wing it as I go),
- 2 Baked Ziti Casseroles.
- a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough and freeze them in rounded scoops. I've never done this before but have read it can be very successful.
And I ended up with this:
- 2 Baked Ziti/Pasta Casseroles
- 2 Chicken Alfredo Florentine Casseroles
- 2 Small Chicken Alfredo Casseroles minus the Florentine Casseroles for Kevin
- 5 bags of Black Beans and Great Northern Beans
- 18 Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 loaf Orange Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread (I am so going to make this into muffins!!! It is so good!)
- 36 Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 4 batches of Pizza Dough
- 4 Empanadas (I'm not going to make these again. What a huge flop!)
- 24 Baked Yeast Rolls
- Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough balls ready to bake
Was your OAMC day successful?