Sunday, May 9, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 5/10/10

My weekend was caliwhompus because the kids were sick and my husband went out of town to visit family.  I'm also struggling with my husband's new work schedule.  He goes to work at lunch and comes home when we're ready for bed.  We usually eat supper together as a family so now I'm rethinking our lunches so we can all eat together during that time.  We're eating at 11 a.m. so I'm trying to figure out if we should eat "lunch" or "breakfast"...maybe I should practice with some "brunch-y" ideas.  We'll probably practice this week with some ideas I have below.

Here's what we're eating this week:

Weekly Breakfasts: Pumpkin French Toast Sticks with powdered sugar or honey and bananas; cereal and bananas;  Eggs, Grits, Crispy Potato Cake and Toast


Weekly Snacks:  Berry Banana Smoothies with Granola Bars; Peanut Butter Crackers with Pineapple chunks; popcorn


Weekly Lunches:  Creamy Tomato Soup with Quesadillas and Kiwi Fruit; Ritzy Chicken Nuggets with pickles and Strawberries; Macaroni and Cheddar Cheese Sauce with Ham and Apple Slices


Tuesday:  Turkey Tetrazzini with peas and green beans 

Wednesday: Waffles with Fruit

Thursday: Southwestern Chicken and Rice with Avocado Slices and Tortillas

Friday:  Hawaiian Pizza with salad - Stay tuned for this Pizza creation on Friday afternoon

Saturday:  Lunch:  Bean Burritos with salsa;  Dinner:  Grilled Pineapple Orange Chicken with Pineapple Mango Relish with Grilled Veggies and Couscous

Sunday:  Lunch:  Egg & Tuna Sandwiches with fruit; Dinner:  Grilled Tex Mex Hamburgers with Oven Cheese Fries

The rice dishes above are going to be using some rice I par-cooked during OAMC day.  This is my first time doing this and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I hope you have a great week!  Be sure to visit I'm An Organizing Junkie and Mindful Menus to see what others are planning to eat this week.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Cupcake Mommie (Jessica) said...

This looks like a great menu! I need to look at those pumpkin french toast sticks.

I nominated you for the Happy 101 Blog award--

http://www.cupcakemommiesmenus.com/2010/05/happy-101-award-my-first-blog-award.html

Thanks for your encouragement!

Susie said...

It looks like another delicious week:-)

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

What a wonderful menu plan, pumpkin french toast sticks, I am so trying these.

Also I hope you get things figured out with hubby's work schedule. I know that can be difficult as ours seems to change every week.

Amanda said...

How do you parboil rice? I've tried googling it but couldn't find instructions. Thanks for the great ideas and recipe links!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails