We're going to be keeping it pretty simple this month. You'll see quite a few repeats, but these are family favorites. Honestly, we could eat these meals every night!
Food Lion has split chicken breasts for $.97/lb, I need to get there to pick them up before the sale ends on Tuesday. I've been picking up packages of ground sirloin and ground round at the Food Depot for reduced prices ($1.29/lb) and freezing them. I also have a couple of frozen whole chickens ($.47/lb) that will be doing double duty. We'll be eating them as Rotisserie style chicken one night and strategically using leftovers for another meal. I have plenty of black beans leftover from last month. So those will come in handy this month for our Rice & Beans side dish and Turkey & Bean Burrito Burgers.
Here's the plan:
- blueberry muffins x 12 (I have some boxed mixes I'm going to be using)
- chocolate chip granola bars x 16 (a mainstay but I'm growing a little tired of them)
- strawberry fruit bars (using Homemade Strawberry Preserves) trying a new recipe
- frozen fruit roll ups x 10 trying a new recipe
- french toast sticks with pumpkin x 60 (our mainstay...these are so rockin' awesome!)
- homemade spaghetti-O's sauce trying a new recipe
- brown 7 lbs ground beef (4 lbs for taco meat, 3 lbs for spaghetti, reserving 1 cup for pizza)
- brown 2 lbs ground turkey (2 lbs for lasagna roll ups, need extra 4 lbs uncooked for burgers)
- brown 2 lbs Italian sausage (2 lbs for lasagna roll ups, reserving 1 cup for pizza)
- assemble Dump chicken bags: 15 breasts total for 3 meals - (Asian marinade, Fajita marinade and Buffalo Chicken marinade)
- bake 2 pkgs of bacon and freeze in bags for 4 meals, 3 breakfast for dinners and 1 burger dinner
- prepare Taco Meat, bag and freeze for 4 meals
- par-cook rice x 4 cups
- assemble Lasagna Roll Ups, flash freeze and bag for 2 meals (recipe to come soon)
So I think that's it. I'm looking forward to the Summer months, we'll have all of our children at home and that makes us very happy.
Be sure to visit Life as Mom to get more ideas for cooking this month.