Friday, May 28, 2010

OAMC: Plan for June 2010

We're going to be keeping it pretty simple this month.  You'll see quite a few repeats, but these are family favorites.  Honestly, we could eat these meals every night! 

Food Lion has split chicken breasts for $.97/lb, I need to get there to pick them up before the sale ends on Tuesday.  I've been picking up packages of ground sirloin and ground round at the Food Depot for reduced prices ($1.29/lb) and freezing them.   I also have a couple of frozen whole chickens ($.47/lb) that will be doing double duty.  We'll be eating them as Rotisserie style chicken one night and strategically using leftovers for another meal. I have plenty of black beans leftover from last month.  So those will come in handy this month for our Rice & Beans side dish and Turkey & Bean Burrito Burgers.

Here's the plan:

1st day


2nd day
  • brown 7 lbs ground beef (4 lbs for taco meat, 3 lbs for spaghetti, reserving 1 cup for pizza)
  • brown 2 lbs ground turkey (2 lbs for lasagna roll ups, need extra 4 lbs uncooked for burgers)
  • brown 2 lbs Italian sausage (2 lbs for lasagna roll ups, reserving 1 cup for pizza)
  • assemble Dump chicken bags:  15 breasts total for 3 meals - (Asian marinade, Fajita marinade and Buffalo Chicken marinade)
  • bake 2 pkgs of bacon and freeze in bags for 4 meals, 3 breakfast for dinners and 1 burger dinner
  • prepare Taco Meat, bag and freeze for 4 meals
  • par-cook rice x 4 cups
  • assemble Lasagna Roll Ups, flash freeze and bag for 2 meals (recipe to come soon)
So I think that's it.  I'm looking forward to the Summer months, we'll have all of our children at home and that makes us very happy.

Be sure to visit  Life as Mom to get more ideas for cooking this month.  

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool.

Rachel said...

I love OAMC - our life runs so much more smoothly when I don't have to worry about what I'll make for dinner!

Mandy said...

I have made a VERY similar strawberry bars recipe to the one you're going to try. Very easy and very tasty! Let me know what you think of the fruit rollup one. I've been wanting to do something like that too (and try to make my own healthier pop tarts). Looks like another great menu planned Candi! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails