Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Night Pizza: Santa Fe Pizza

We love Tex-Mex flavors and since we've already eaten Chicken Enchilada Pizza.  I thought it might be fun to create one with ground beef.  Here's what I came up with:

(sorry for the iPhone pic)
Santa Fe Pizza 
Pizza Dough thin or thick
1/2 to 1 cup enchilada sauce
1/2 to 1 cup browned ground beef (drained of fat and rinsed)
1/2 cup black beans (rinsed and drained)
1-1/2 to 2 cups cheddar cheese or Monterrey Jack (whatever you have)
1/4 cup frozen corn (or canned corn)
red bell pepper strips (I used 1/4 of a pepper)
pickled jalapeno peppers or banana pepper rings (optional)

Preheat oven per pizza directions.  On prepared pizza dough, pour enchilada sauce and spread to within 1" of the edge.  Top with ground beef, black beans, cheese, corn and bell pepper strips.  Bake in oven as directed.  Top with jalapeno or banana peppers.  

Since my hubby doesn't like corn or peppers, I only "dressed" half the pizza so he'd eat part of it.  He doesn't like corn or peppers so I only put them on one side.

Thinking back, it might have been tasty to add a little chopped cilantro too!

Enjoy your Friday Night Pizza night with your family.  Make your own pizza creation with your favorite toppings.  Experiment and have fun!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That sounds yummy! Our family eats tons of echiladas and tacos. Never thought of using the ingredients as pizza toppings!

Unknown said...

Yum, another great pizza variety to add to my "Try It" list.

Ott, A. said...

Chicken Enchilada and a pizza together. Umm... that sounds good. I've said it before and I'll say it again the older I get the more I like Mexican food!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails