We're testing out some burger recipes featured on the Food Network website by Rachael Ray (and maybe a few others!) This week we tried her Turkey Bean Burrito Burgers.
They were really good. I doubled the recipe and made 8 large burgers and 2 small burgers. I forgot turkey doesn't shrink as much as ground beef, so the burgers ended up being HUGE! But that's okay. The extras will be great for my husband's evening snack at work this week.
This is how I changed it up:
Turkey Bean Burrito Burgers
2 lbs ground turkey
2 cups pre-cooked, cold rice
2 cups Great Northern Beans (pre-cooked last month for OAMC)
2 Tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 Tablespoon Montreal Chicken Seasoning (the recipe suggested Montreal Steak seasoning but since I had the chicken variety, that's what I used)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Mix ground turkey, rice, beans, chili powder, cumin, coriander, Montreal seasoning and oil. Form patties and grill until done. Serve on buns with lettuce, salsa and guacamole.
This post has also been linked to:
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- $5 Dollar Dinner Challenge and Squash Recipes
- Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam
- Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
- Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap
- Tackle it Tuesday at 5 Minutes for Mom
- Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family
- Tuesday Tastes at Crazy Daisy
- Hon, What's for Dinner Wednesday