I'm making a bunch of pumpkin flavored recipes over the next few weeks, because I love pumpkin. This week I'm sharing a recipe for pumpkin scones.
Pumpkin Scones (adapted from Pinch My Salt)
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
6 Tablespoons brown sugar
6 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup cold heavy whipping cream
TIP: This recipe works best if you use a fork while mixing everything together.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, spices and brown sugar; whisk with fork until combined. Using a fork, press the butter into the flour until it's crumbly.
Add pumpkin and whipping cream to the bowl and stir with the fork until just combined, it should look like big clumps, do not overwork it.
Pour the mixture onto a lightly floured surface and use your hands to lightly form into a disc. Fold 3 or 4 times and form into another disc. Pat into a circle about 1" thick and about 10" across. Cut into wedges and bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until scones are golden and puffed.
To make the Ginger Molasses Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 Tablespoon molasses
2 Tablespoons milk
Mix everything in a bowl until smooth. Add more milk 1/2 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over cooled scones and serve!
These are so yummy-licious! The ginger molasses glaze has a spicy bite and very nice contrast with the sweet pumpkin.
This post has also been linked to:
- Mouthwatering Monday at Southern Fairytale
- Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory
- Hearth and Soul at Frugality and Crunchiness with Christy
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Delicious Dish at It's a Blog Party
- $5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
- Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam
- Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
- Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap
- Tackle it Tuesday at 5 Minutes for Mom
- Colleen's Fall Recipe Swap at Colleen's Kitchen
- Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin
- Recipe Swap Thursday at Prairie Story
- Family Food Fridays at Get Healthy Cheap