I made this up at work and thought I'd share the recipe with you. They are SO good!
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (cold)
raw sugar (optional)
In small pan over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar. Constantly stir and bring to light boil for 2 minutes (time after it starts bubbling around the edge of the pan, but keep stirring, you don't want it to burn). Remove from the heat and add pecans. Stir to combine. Pour mixture onto parchment paper lined baking pan (I used a metal pie plate). Place in the freezer until hard (about 10 minutes).
In large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in brown sugar. Make a well and pour in heavy whipping cream. Use a fork and combine until crumbly. Crumble the prepared praline pecan mixture and add half to the crumbly flour mixture. Pour onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a circle about 10" in diameter. Cut into wedges and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the tops with raw sugar and bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
These can be frozen. Bake from frozen state and add 5 minutes to baking time.
This post has also been linked to:
- Mouthwatering Monday at Southern Fairytale
- Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory
- Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays
- Hearth and Soul at Frugality and Crunchiness with Christy
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- At the Well this week
- Delicious Dish at It's a Blog Party
- $5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
- Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam
- Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
- Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap
- Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin
- Recipe Swap Thursday at Prairie Story
- Family Food Fridays at Get Healthy Cheap