My kids are pretty good eaters. When they go through phases when they don't want to eat something, but I repeatedly offer them the same foods we're eating so they eventually try it and then love it. That's how it was when it came to black olives. At first they got them confused with blueberries, and would refuse to eat the olives. Once they figured it out, they gobbled them up. I'm glad I kept offering them foods they refused at first. Otherwise, I might have ended up with more picky-eaters!
Here's some of my kiddos favorites:
photo from girlichef's Roasted Tomato Soup
1. Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese (I want to try this homemade one. It looks scrumptious!)
2. Cheese stick wrapped in sliced Deli Meat (I usually cut my own cheese sticks from blocks of Mozzarella) with sliced apples or peaches
3. Peanut Butter and Jelly with Sliced Bananas wrapped in Whole Wheat Tortillas
4. Nutella and sliced fresh strawberries on Whole Wheat Bread (My oldest does not like peanut butter so I introduced him to Nutella this past summer...he came up with this combo and ate it nearly everyday!)
7. Bean Burritos with a Corn and Tomato Salad
8. Tuna Salad Sandwiches with Celery and Carrot Sticks with Ranch
10. Ritzy Chicken Nuggets, Cheddar Cubes and Apple Slices
What kind of lunch does your kid like to munch?