Friday, December 31, 2010

Monthly Meal Plan: January 2011

Gracious!  Can you believe it's 2011?  When I was younger I wondered what life would be like in the year 2000, now we're in 2011.  I'm married, have 3 children in our life, drive a mini-van, coupon-like-a-mad-woman, watch movies from Netflix on my laptop,  who would have thought?

And I make meal plans.  

I had a little trouble with the monthly meal plan this time around.  I'm not feeling it for some reason.  Here's what I came up with.  It's likely to change...
  1. Visiting Family   sick - Ginger-Ale and crackers
  2. Subway  sick - Ginger-Ale, crackers, bananas, toast
  3. Thai Chicken and Basil*(new) we ate Ham, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans
  4. Apricot Pork Chops we ate Super Easy Turkey Pie and salad with apple *sharing recipe Saturday
  5. Chicken-in-a-Skillet*(new)  Ham and Eggs
  6. Leftovers (thawed leftover turkey earlier this week) Turkey Rice Casserole
  7. Pizza & Salad
  8. Shrimp Alfredo* (Pantry Meal) - share next Saturday 1/15/11
  9. Tacos
  10. Baked Ziti BBQ Turkey over Mashed Potatoes
  11. Country Ribs Turkey Wreath with Salad and Green Beans
  12. Pancakes (in the freezer)
  13. Leftovers or Soup
  14. Pizza & Salad
  15. Dinner out
  16. Chili and Cornbread
  17. Shepherd's Pie*
  18. Turkey Pot Pie*
  19. Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Oranges
  20. Leftovers
  21. Pizza & Salad
  22. Visiting Family
  23. Subway
  24. Beef Stroganoff Casserole*(new)
  25. Turkey Dumplings Turkey Croquettes
  26. Baked French Toast
  27. Leftovers
  28. Pizza & Salad
  29. Dinner Out
  30. Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
  31. TBA - Waiting for more sales...
(*) Some recipes are new to us, some are family favorites I haven't posted yet on Sissy's recipe blog.  

As for the OAMC and Batch Cooking.  I'm thinking I should bake up some of the free Krusteaz Muffins.  Last week we baked up the Banana Nut Muffins and added chocolate chips.  The kids loved them. We still have a few leftover and I popped them into the freezer.  So I don't think we'll be baking anymore this week.  But I do have a small list of things I need to complete this week:
Hope you have a great month!

Enjoy!

This post has been linked to:

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm not feeling the meal plan thing right now either. Although in my case, I think it's because I'm getting over a terrible cold and haven't had much appetite this week. Let's hope we both get out of our funk soon and get creative again in 2011! Happy New Year to you Candi! Good luck with your fitness goals and all your endeavors in the coming year! I'm so happy we're blogging friends! :)

Mandy

Susie said...

Happy New Year!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails