I love coconut! I really love Mounds candy bars. But boy, are they full of calories? So how about something on the lighter side?
3 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract (or vanilla)
2 cups coconut (packed)
about 1/4 - 1/3 cup semi-chocolate chips, melted
Pack a cookie dough scoop (about 1 Tablespoon size) with coconut mixture and scoop into liners. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes until lightly golden brown on tops.
Drizzle melted chocolate over the tops of macaroons and enjoy!
These are so yummy and Gluten-FREE!
Makes approximately 12-15 (depends on how much you pack into the scoop)
This post has also been linked to:
- Mouthwatering Monday at Southern Fairytale
- Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory
- Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays
- Hearth and Soul at Frugality and Crunchiness with Christy
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
At the Well this week
- Delicious Dish at It's a Blog Party
- Tasty Tuesday at A Beautiful Mess
- $5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
- Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam
- Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
- Pantry Recipe Swap at Home and Pantry
- What's Cooking Wednesday at The King's Court 4
- Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap
- Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin
- Recipe Swap Thursday at Prairie Story
- Family Food Fridays at Get Healthy Cheap
- Slightly Indulgent Thursday at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free