This is a really yummy ginger cookie. And because you use the store-bought cookie dough, it couldn't be easier!
Here's what you do:
Easy Spicy Ginger Cookies (adapted from Family Circle magazine 11/29/07)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1-3/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough (16.5 oz size)
1 Tablespoon milk
1/2 cup raw sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, baking soda and white pepper. Break up the cookie dough into the bowl and knead until everything is fully incorporated. Add the milk and knead until smooth. Using a small ice cream scooper (about 1 Tablespoon size), scoop cookie dough and coat with the raw sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets about 2" apart and press slightly. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
These are spicy, chewy and crunchy all in one bite!
This post has also been linked to:
- Mouthwatering Monday at Southern Fairytale
- Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory
- Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays
- Hearth and Soul at Frugality and Crunchiness with Christy
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- At the Well this week
- Delicious Dish at It's a Blog Party
- Tasty Tuesday at A Beautiful Mess
- $5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
- Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam
- Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
- Pantry Recipe Swap at Home and Pantry
- What's Cooking Wednesday at The King's Court 4
- Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap
- Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin
- Recipe Swap Thursday at Prairie Story
- Family Food Fridays at Get Healthy Cheap
- Jenna at the Newlyweds - Cookies all WEEK!