Tuesday, April 26, 2011

In the Kitchen: How to Freeze Oven Fried Potatoes

This is my favorite oven cheese fries.  They are low calorie and yummy to boot!  The only problem?  They take a good while to bake off.  So I experimented with the recipe to make it freezer friendly.  

Here's what I did:

Wash your taters

Cut them into wedges

Cover them in water

Dry them off before you put them into the seasoning bag.

Give them a shake in the bag

Arrange the taters on a tin foil lined baking sheet (I always make sure they are situated so that the skin of the potato is on the foil.  It keeps them from sticking so bad to the foil.)

Bake them at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes.  You're only partial cooking these.

Cool and then flash freeze on sheet pan.

Remove from the pan and baggie them up.

To eat them, preheat oven to 425 degrees F and bake for 20 minutes until done.  (I sprayed a little non-stick cooking spray over the tops to help with the browning.)

They were so good!  

This works for me.  I hope you'll give this a try.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I love making a similar dish in the oven, but I hadn't thought to try making extra to freeze. Thanks for letting us know that they do freeze well! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails