Monday, May 23, 2011

Meal Plan Monday 5/23/11

 DON'T FORGET TO ENTER



Last week our deep freezer was left open {insert the help of a 5 year old putting away frozen food} and some of our frozen meat thawed out.

Can you say "UGH!"

I cooked the Country Style Pork Ribs (rubbed with my favorite rib rub) in the crock pot and then shredded it for the freezer.  I was able to get 5 cups of pork for BBQ sandwiches.

I cooked the chicken breasts in the crock pot and made the Lemon Chicken, but it cooked a little too long and didn't look nearly as lovely as Debbi's.  It tastes great, though!  I cubed it up and we ate it over a salad on Friday night.  We had about 4 more cups of Lemon Chicken and I put it on my salad for my lunch at the Circuit Assembly.  It was really a good marinade.  I think it would be a great "dump chicken" recipe to freeze in the bag, allow to thaw and then bake in the oven or cook in the crock pot.  Maybe next time.

I also had some frozen flounder that thawed.  I cut them into "nugget" sized pieces, pressed into bread crumbs and lemon pepper seasoning and then baked them at 450 degrees F for about 15 minutes.  The kids loved them so I'll definitely make these again.

Batch Cooking this week:
Pizza Rolls - My husband has fallen in love with these things.  I'm thinking I need to double the batch since he's been eating them 2 and 3 at a time!  And he's been eating them for breakfast!  Thanks to Debbi for sharing this recipe on her blog.  She has some great easy fix meals.  Be sure to visit her.  By the way, she's a fellow sister who lives up North. 

Breakfast Burritos - I need some fast breakfast ideas and this is my favorite go-to.

Brown Rice - I used up the last frozen bag of rice over the weekend for my salads.

Banana Oat Muffins - The kids loved these as a morning snack and I bought some bananas from Walmart that got really mushy after only a couple of days on the counter.  I popped these into the freezer, so this is a great way to use them up.

So for this week we'll be eating:

Monday:  Sassy Sloppy Toms over baked potatoes, pickles and green beans

Tuesday:   Fiesta Salad

Wednesday:  Breakfast - German Pancake* with Turkey Sausage

Thursday:  Soup - Black Bean Soup with Cumin with Tomato (we didn't eat this last week) and Easy Cheesy Quesadillas

Friday:  Lentil Ground Turkey Taco Mix (Using the mix for Burritos and adding fat free cheese.)

Saturday:  Family Dinner

Sunday:  Subway Supper

Breakfasts:  Hard boiled egg, Strawberry Smoothie, peanut butter toast;  Breakfast Burrito with Salsa, Sour Cream and Cheese, Mandarin oranges

Lunches:  Stuffed Bell Pepper with Fruit;  Black Bean Nachos with Fruit;  Tortilla Pizza with fruit 

Snacks:  String Cheese, Fruit and Nuts;  Banana Oat Muffins

Hope you have a great week!

This has been linked to:
Organizing Junkie


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

On my way to see my grandson, but wanted to drop in and see what tasty dishes your making this week. *UGH* on the freezer accident. It sounds like you got some unexpected freezer cooing in from it though! Have a great week Candi. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails